Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow day!

Holy Crap, it's been quite the two days!

Monday and Tuesday, told through things I posted to Facebook!

Monday morning it was cold.  And there was a storm coming in.  I live in the South.  Neither of these are typical.

But the shouts of "It's raining in my office" sadly were typical.

Again, there was water was pouring out of his ceiling.  (this isn't the first time this has happened.  Just the first time this has happened this year).  So I made calls, and laid plastic in 5 other offices.  All while prepping for snow and the likelihood that there would be no work the next day.

All while it was this cold out:

I left early, to be off the road before the snow.  I tried to wait at the bus stop for the Spousal Equivalent, but after almost hitting another car trying to take a left, I went home.

And it start to snow!!

Before:
And after:
The snow right now is about to my ankles, which has it well above Misty's lady bits, so going potty is fun.  The icy snow just barely supports her wight, which means that every third step, she breaks through and sinks to her middle.

So we're home today.  The college cancelled.  SE's work had liberal leave.

And the rest of the city is all:
There's no word yet on if there will be school tomorrow.  There's also no word yet on if I can get out of the parking lot.  (There's no plowing the parking lots here...  which sucks)

Folks, welcome to snow in the south.  We got 7 inches of snow and ice and everything has shut down.

I'm just hoping that there's heat at work and those professor's offices haven't frozen.

No comments: