Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Making a plan and Sticking to it.

Yes.  Sunday.

I really can't believe it's snuck up on my this fast.

It's weird, because of life and other things, I know I'm not as trained as I could be.  Knowing that, I've decided to look forward to re-running both of these half marathons next year.  In the next few weeks I'm going to look at sample training schedules online, and make a plan.  See how my times improve.

After this weekend I can start to look forward to the holiday season.  We're doing Thanksgiving with some friends.  We all know I'm decorating for Christmas soon after.

The Christmas Town Dash 8K is right after Turkey Day.

In and among all of this, I'm turning 40.  A Post race celebration will be had at the park.

I've been thinking about all of this:  the decorating, the entertaining, the training, the Spousal Equivalent's overtime.

And I have come to conclusion.

I have to plan.  I have to stick to the chore schedule that I make for myself.  I need to keep on top of the laundry.  I need to meal plan and do the prep work over the weekend.  I need to plan the week's work outs (those vary with weather) and stick to them.

Anyone else have this problem?


 

No comments: