Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Today, at the beginning of all things..

Today marks the end of the 2 week marathon that has been back to school prep.  School starts today!

It seems like my entire summer waiting for things to be done.  Waiting for carpeting for my office.  Waiting for the asbestos tiles to be removed.  Waiting for the shelves in the library to be taken down. Waiting for the quote for buying tables.  Waiting for my old junky furniture to be hauled away.  Waiting for my office to be put back together.

So of course, everything happened all at once.  The library shelves, the carpeting, the tiles.  Unfortunately not everything has happened.  Many of the contents of my office are still in he hall.  The junky furniture is still around.

Why?  The elevator in our building has been down for the last two weeks.  And all you nay sayers can tell me to just take the stairs all you want.  Have you tried to move heavy furniture down stairs?  Isn't it easier when there's an elevator?

So there I am.  Students are here.  I've bees basically running stairs for two weeks trying to cater lunches and clean up classrooms.

You know what?  I'm tired.  I've been getting 12,000 to 15,000 steps a day.  I've been having anxiety over the state of the department library.  And it's the time where everything is happening all at once.

Someone want to come bring me a margarita?  Please?

No comments: