Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Putting it All Out There

I've had this post on my mind for quite some time.

And it's going to get a little TMI.. just to warn you!

Ready?

Often people come to our house when we're not expecting them.   We'll yell something about holding on, and make them wait until we open the door.

Most of the time, it's because we have to wrangle the puppy.  Sometimes it's because I'm not wearing any clothes.

Yes!  I know!  Scandalous!

But why?  What's the big deal?

Watch this.  Then we'll talk.



Got that?

Nudity does not mean that sex must now follow.  The absence of clothing doesn't meant that someone is looking for sex.  If this was true, showering would be rather inconvenient....

Let me make this very clear.  There's nothing wrong with showing skin.  (Well, in public nudity all illegal... but that's another thing).  If I want to parade around naked in my own home, there is nothing wrong with that.  If you want to parade around naked by yourself, or with your friends in the privacy in your own homes, there's nothing wrong with that.

Never, ever does nudity mean that you give consent for sex.  Never.  Wearing an outfit that is form fitting or that shows skin isn't giving consent for sex.

Got it?

Also, there's nothing shameful about the human body.  We ALL have a body.  It may not look the way you like, but we all have one.  No one has the right to tell YOU that you should be ashamed of your body.  (I'm not happy with my health, which includes my weight, hence me trying to change it.  I'm not ashamed of my body)

If you want to parade around your own home without clothes on, no one should make you feel shame for it.

And for other, like me, who sleep naked.  Apparently it's a good thing!

Now, if you will excuse me....  It's time for me to go.  I've got a bra to take off.

No comments: