Friday, April 11, 2014

Body image, at any size

We all fall pray to it.  Issues with body image and the like.


I'm a prime offender.

I don't like the way I look in a bathing suit.  Why?  I've gained almost 50 pounds since college.


I've had other tell me that I look wonderful.  Which is sweet of them.  I love hearing it from them.  And at times I need to hear it. Yes, parts of me look wonderful.  And I do need to love myself as I am.

But I also need to lose weight.

Do I want to look better in a bathing suit?  Heck yes.  Do I want to fit into some older clothes again?  Absolutely.

Some people are bigger and healthy.  Some people are skinny and unhealthy.
This guy kinda looks like my dad

I'm not healthy.  I have a strong family history of diabetes.  I have breast and colon cancer in my family.  I used to dance.  3 classes a week at almost 2 hours a class.  I have high blood pressure already, and my cholesterol is on the high side.  There's heart disease in my family.  As well as strokes.

A lot of things in that list are preventable!  So why wouldn't I?

That's why I'm doing Weight Watchers (which I need to get more serious about).  This is why I run.

No comments: